The Five Behaviors® is the result of the partnership between Wiley Workplace Learning Solutions and best-selling author Patrick Lencioni. The Five Behaviors® offers adaptive, research-validated testing that gives participants precise and personalized results that deepen their understanding of self and others. Combined with Patrick Lencioni’s model of Trust, Conflict, Commitment, Accountability, and Results, both teams and individuals are able to transform culture and rise together. Each solution can be facilitated in a virtual or in-person classroom setting.
THE FIVE BEHAVIORS OF A COHESIVE TEAM® is an assessment-based learning experience that helps individuals and organizations reveal what it takes to build truly cohesive and effective teams in the most approachable, competent, and effective way possible.
Bringing together everyone’s personalities and preferences to form a cohesive, productive team takes work, but the payoff is huge — for individuals, the team, and the organization. Regardless of the stage of your team(s), The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® makes them stronger, better performers, and help you to achieve the organizations goals. It will reduce individual stress, increase overall performance, and develop and retain your best talent.
Who is this training program for?
This program is designed exclusively for intact teams and work groups. It is not a “training program.” It’s a team development program that can span from two months to one year.
What are the benefits of the program?
The Five Behaviors Model is used to help team members learn to work together more efficiently and effectively and become a more cohesive team.
- Makes better, faster decisions
- Taps into the skills and opinions of all members
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict
- Avoids wasting time talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same topics over and over again because of a lack of buy-in
- Creates a competitive advantage for the organization
- Is more fun to be on!
Based on the best-selling book The Five Dysfunctions of a Team. Over 2.5 million copies sold!
Explore Three Solutions to Build Better Teams
You can develop individuals to become better team members, regardless of the team or teams they are on now. You can develop intact teams by using one of two programs developed around the Everything DiSC® or MBTI® assessment models.
- The Five Behaviors® Personal Development teaches individuals to become better teammates by integrating the model from Patrick Lencioni’s book, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team. Program participants do not need to be part of the same team. Learn more about The Five Behaviors Personal Development Profile and download a sample profile. Download the brochure.
- The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® Powered by Everything DiSC asks team members to rate how the team scores on key components of The Five Behaviors Model. The online Team Profile also helps members understand their own DiSC styles, their team members’ styles and how their styles contribute to the team’s overall success. Learn more about The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® Powered by Everything DiSC Team Profile and download a sample profile. Download the brochure.
- The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® Powered by All Types asks team members to rate how the team scores on key components of The Five Behaviors Model. The online Team Profile is designed exclusively for teams that apply tools based on Jung’s theory of psychological types, like the MTBI Instrument, as their preferred indictator of personality. Team members will discover how each individual’s unique personality type brings value to the team. Learn more about The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® Powered by All Teams Profile and download a sample profile. Download the brochure.
Can we bring this program in-house using an internal facilitator?
Of course. If you have an experienced facilitator, you can purchase The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® Powered by Everything DiSC Facilitation Kit or The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® Powered by All Types Facilitation Kit. Certification is not required and you have everything you need to facilitate the program on your own.
The Five Behaviors Personal Development® assessment and The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® profiles (powered by Everything DiSC® or All Types®) is sold separately.
Interested in having a certified trainer facilitate this program in your organization?
Cathi Hight is a certifed facilitator for this program and was a certified Motorola University certified instructor for continuous improvement. Hight Performance Group is an Authorized Partner of The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team® and has been a Wiley Partner since 2001. We can share best practices with you on how to prepare a team and schedule the sessions onsite with a schedule that works best for you. Contact us for more information.
The single most untapped competitive advantage is teamwork. Hear what Patrick Lencioni says about the importance of teams and leaders of teams: