THE FIVE BEHAVIORS OF A COHESIVE TEAMTM is an assessment-based learning experience that helps individuals and organizations reveal what it takes to build truly cohesive and effective teams in the most approachable, competent, and effective way possible.
This program helps teams understand how they score on key components of The Five Behaviors Model. Powered by Everything Disc®, the profiles help participants understand their own DiSC styles, their team members’ styles and how their styles contribute to the team’s overall success.
The single most untapped competitive advantage is teamwork.
- Trust One Another–When team members are genuinely transparent and honest with one another, they are able to build vulnerability-based trust.
- Engage in Conflict Around Ideas–When there is trust, team members are able to engage in unfiltered, constructive debate of ideas.
- Commit to Decisions–When team members are able to offer opinions and debate ideas, they will be more likely to commit to decisions.
- Hold One Another Accountable– When everyone is committed to a clear plan of action, they will be more willing to hold one another accountable.
- Focus on Achieving Collective Results–The ultimate goal of building greater trust, conflict, commitment, and accountability is one thing: the achievement of results.
Who is this training program for?
This program is designed exclusively for intact teams and work groups. It is not a “training program.” It’s a team development program that can span from two months to one year.
What are the benefits of the program?
The Five Behaviors Model is used to help team members learn to work together more efficiently and effectively and become a more cohesive team.
A productive, high-functioning team:
- Makes better, faster decisions
- Taps into the skills and opinions of all members
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict
- Avoids wasting time talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same topics over and over again because of a lack of buy-in
- Creates a competitive advantage for the organization
- Is more fun to be on!
Based on the best-selling book The Five Dysfunctions of a Team.
Over 2.5 million copies sold!
Contact us to purchase bulk copies of the book at a discounted rate.
Bringing together everyone’s personalities and preferences to form a cohesive, productive team takes work, but the payoff is huge — for individuals, the team, and the organization. Regardless of the stage of your team(s), The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive TeamTM makes them stronger, better performers, and help you to achieve the organizations goals. It will reduce individual stress, increase overall performance, and develop and retain your best talent.
Can we bring this program in-house using an internal facilitator?
Of course. If you have an experienced facilitator, you can purchase The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive TeamTM Facilitation Kit. Certification is not required and you have everything you need to facilitate the program on your own.
The Facilitator Kit includes:
- 7 Modules (each from 1 to 3.5 hours in length)
- PowerPoints slides with over 40 minutes of video
- Images, poster and templates
- Video Viewing Guide
- Participant handouts with activities
- Podcasts and other online resources
- Research Report
Each module has activities that gives participants opportunities to practice The Five Behaviors. All participants would also take the online The Five Behaviors Cohesive TeamTM Assessment and Profile which we’ll provide. See a sample report.
Can Hight Performance Group facilitate this program in our organization?
Of course we can! Cathi Hight is a trained facilitator and was a certified Motorola University certified instructor for continuous improvement. Hight Performance Group is an Authorized Partner of The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive TeamTM and has been a Wiley Partner since 2001. We can share best practices with you on how to prepare a team and schedule the sessions onsite with a schedule that works best for you.
You would not need to purchase the Facilitator’s Kit and we would adminster the assessments for you and produce the Team Report.
Learn more by watching these video clips:
Attend The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive TeamTM product briefing at a city near you. We can register you as a guest of Hight Performance Group and pay the registration of $20/person which includes refreshments. Space is limited, so contact us right away!
Request for a Proposal for Cathi Hight to facilitate an onsite program for your team:
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team is a trademark of John Wiley & Sons Inc.