Membership During An Economic Recovery
- Explore your organization's role in helping communities rebound from COVID-19.
- Determine how to assess and revamp your programming to align with business interests and needs.
- Discover 3 strategies to communicate the value of membership during the economic recovery.
When Mergers Are Best for Your Members and Communities
- Identify indicators that may signal it’s a good time for a merger.
- Explore a unique model where six organizations have successfully come together to form a regional brand that benefits all stakeholders.
- Review strategies and lessons learned about mergers.
Moving Forward — Helping Communities Recover, Reopen and Rebuild
- Explore how the Greater Des Moines Partnership is working together with 24 chambers to restart and rebuild the regional economy.
- Review the challenges businesses face to re-open safely and build confidence for employees and customers to return.
- See how they use DSM Forward Playbooks that provide assessments, recommendations and next steps to guide businesses to operate in the new “normal”.
BONUS: Resilience - How to Survive When Life Throws You Curveballs
- Determine what you can do to build your resilience.
- Find out how to leverage fear.
- Discover ways to navigate crises and find peace.
Cathi Hight helps create healthy organizations that manage constant change, develop customer-centricity and “work smarter, not harder”. She is an organizational development consultant and President of Hight Performance Group as well as the developer of The Member Retention Kit, A New Approach to Tiered Membership, and the Work Smarter, Not Harder program. Hight Performance Group offers resources to help your organization evolve and serve stakeholders successfully.
With expertise across industries, Cathi specializes in non-profits and member-based organizations. Cathi teaches you how to evolve your organization to stay relevant, provide value to customers, and improve leadership, teamwork and productivity. She shares proven strategies that will save you time and increase your bottom line.
“The tools I gained from [the Work Smarter, Not Harder] program have helped me organize my work so that I always know the status of my highest priority tasks. This has reduced wasted effort on re-prioritizing every time I’m pulled off to manage an emergency situation. I have also used many of the other techniques I learned to reduce the redundancies in my work and timewasters.”
“I have taken seminars, courses and read books on planning, time management and goal setting over the years. [The Work Smarter, Not Harder] program provided a unique approach to bringing these subjects together with a system to build habits that provide quick results and lasting return on the invested time.”
“Cathi worked with our Chamber staff and Membership Committee to develop a tiered membership model. Her extensive experience in the industry and proven process helped us to develop a customized model that’s right for our members and our Chamber. The feedback from our members has been very positive and is helping to grow our membership base and revenue.”
Jane Hinze, Member Services Manager, Washington County Chamber of Commerce (TX)
"Cathi Hight and Hight Performance Group confront the issue of member retention head-on with a proactive approach. Their new retention kit helps Chamber executives like myself identify the ideal and the ‘at-risk’ member, develop migration strategies and compile and analyze reports that will assist with managing retention."
Pam Ridler, CCE, President, Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce (CO)
“If you are considering making changes to your membership dues structure I highly recommend Cathi Hight of Hight Performance Group! Cathi walked us through a step-by-step process that kept everything simple yet effective, included input from our members, board and staff, and resulted in a solution that fit our needs perfectly. Cathi has been available for consultation anytime we needed her as we migrate to the new dues structure and even came and did a wonderful presentation during our Annual Meeting & Banquet. We’ve definitely seen a great ROI and VOI! Thank you Cathi!”
Michael Gallops, President and CEO, Rowlett Chamber of Commerce (TX)
“The Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce worked with Cathi to develop our new Dues Investment model. Cathi was great in leading us through this process. She is a wonderful resource, advocate and champion for Chambers of Commerce. Her insight and ideas throughout the process helped us develop and produce an investment package that allows us to really show value for the investment in the organization and to better tell our story. Thanks Cathi!”
Karen Brown, President & CEO, Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce (NC)