The Work Smarter, Not Harder workbook is the heart of our most popular training program. The program has over 4,000 graduates and is guaranteed to help you gain more than 6 hours of productivity per week!
The workbook has over 60 pages of tips, tricks, and strategies to help you organize and optimize your workspace; develop efective systems to track and manage your workflow; strengthen your time management skills, and help you stay balanced by managing multiple priorities, projects and your stress level. Contents include:
In Module 1, you’ll learn how an optimal work environment will enhance your personal productivity. You’ll learn how the work environment affects productivity and explore changes to redesign your workspaces to improve efficiency. By optimizing your workspace, you will lower your stress level and process work in one fourth of the time.
Module 1 includes these components:
- Assess your current workspace and workflow habits
- Understand how your workspace is linked to your productivity
- Create a workspace to foster concentration, enhanced productivity and lower stress
- Review purging steps and tips on how to redesign and reorganize your workspace
In Module 2, you focus on the importance of a workflow system. You learn about the six components of our workflow system and how to set one up. You develop and manage your workflow with an easy-to-use system that tracks multiple priorities and deadlines.
Module 2 includes these components:
- Explore the basic components of workflow systems
- Discover Outlook tips and tricks for e-mail and task management
- Create a DAM to manage your multiple priorities and projects
- Stay on top of information and explore tips to manage reading
- Track and manage items in ‘Someone Else’s Court’
- Explore strategies for accessing files in 60 seconds or less
In Module 3, you explore strategies to improve how you use time. We know that optimal work environments are not enough to enhance productivity. You also have to address the ‘self-management’ traps that often get in your way to accomplishing more. In this module, you distinguish between urgent vs. important activities and determine strategies for spending more time in Quadrant II (adapted from the Stephen Covey’s Time Management Matrix.) You identify ways to use your time management tools better and maintain a more ideal, balanced weekly schedule.
Module 3 includes these components:
- Assess and select your top time management challenges and develop strategies and action plans for improvement
- Understand the time matrix and the importance of ‘Q2’ time
- Use time management tools to plan, prioritize, track, and manage activities
- Create an ideal weekly schedule to manage multiple priorities
In Module 4, you focus on balancing priorities and understanding the fine line between stress and burnout. You determine when it’s appropriate to renegotiate priorities and learn how to manage the ‘open door policy’ to meet conflicting demands. You explore the five stages of stress and common strategies for preventing burnout. This module helps you maintain your new workflow systems and achieve personal balance.
Module 4 includes these components:
- Explore the 5 Stages of Stress and strategies to prevent burnout
- Develop a stress management plan to stay balanced
- Explore the myth of the ‘Open Door’ policy and how to make it work successfully
- Know when to renegotiate priorities and when it’s appropriate to say, “No”
- Recognize tangible and intangible signs of lost productivity
- Create strategies for maintaining high levels of productivity